My client are looking to appoint an Associate Director level Senior Business Analyst to join its Business Analyst (BA) group in London. The team reports to the Chief Operating Officer of the Business to provide a greater level of autonomy within the delivery lifecycle.
The newly-formed Business Analyst team provides high-quality, in-depth strategic intelligence to drive better outcomes for the Business. Working closely with Ratings colleagues and tapping into a variety of source systems, the team develops analytics to support metric-driven decision making and analyses operational and business performance. The team also works closely with the Ratings Operations heads on business transformation initiatives, including developing business cases, evaluating cost/benefits for new initiatives, and reviewing and making recommendations on process re-engineering. These efforts support firm-wide projects that will deliver improved business and operational results including growing revenues and developing new products.
The Business Analyst team operates in a fast-paced environment and works towards short, medium- and long-term deliverables.
The responsibilities of the Associate Director include but are not limited to the following:
- Report and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to build clear insights on the business's performance and competitive positioning.
- Proactively monitor various global business information and media outlets to gather competitive news, trends, statistics, and anecdotes relevant to the business.
- Produce actionable recommendations - to support high-level decision-making on operations, strategy, tactics and change initiatives.
- Work closely with business units to develop methodologies for robust and consistent reporting; Harmonize multiple/conflicting opinions into a consensus
- Contribute to the development of senior-level presentations that summarize and present key findings.
- Support strategic planning and other project-based initiatives as needed.
This position is best suited for motivated candidates with the following characteristics:
- Capacity for independent, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to reconcile large, disparate and conflicting datasets to draw out appropriate insights.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize different assignments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, economics, or similar analytical fields.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven experience in market / business analysis or strategy consulting roles.
- Debt capital markets or financial information services industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of other advanced analytical tools and programming languages a plus, e.g. Qlikview, SQL, MongoDB, VBA
Business Analyst Business Analyst Business Analyst Business Analyst