Oliver James Associates are mandated by their tier-one, global financial services client to assist in sourcing a Senior Big Data Architect to be based in London. The role will pay up to circa £110,000 basic plus car, pension, benefits and annual bonus.
This role fits within our client's specialist technology services team which interfaces with a wide-ranging breadth of stakeholders and clients delivering advanced solutions and guidance. These projects range from a number of value based solutions, from strategy to execution, solving complex business problems through technology enablement.
The successful candidate will carry; outstanding academics including a degree in mathematics, software engineering, computer science (or equivalent), deep understanding of UK financial services' culture, trends and challenges and a rich big-data / software development / data architecture background.
- Developing technical specifications corresponding with architecture.
* Experience in Systems Architecture.
* Experience in large scale distributed processing architectures .
* Expertise in Clustering & Distributed Systems.
* Working knowledge of setting up + running Big Data clusters e.g. Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra
Key Experiences Required:-
- Specific and deep Big Data experience - e.g. HBase, Hive, Zookeeper, HDFS and other Hadoop components
* Experience of Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, RDD or DataFrames.
* Experience of Data Architecture approaches on Big Data.
* BI / Visualisation tools: QlikView, Tableau and Business Objects for large scale dashboards and reporting.
* Knowledge of Server Query Language (SQL)
* A team player with the ability to work within a matrixed organisation.
* Ability to play a vital role in supporting business development activities, as a technology subject matter expert.
* Identifying stakeholder's needs and proposing solutions to them.
* Maintaining a consistently high and leading edge market profile.
- Must have extensive experience within the financial services.
* Excellent interpersonal skills & networking ability to develop and nurture contacts.
* Business acumen to identify stakeholder's real business needs.
* First class delivery skills of large, complex and multi-vendor projects.
* Solid and articulate report , proposal and article writing skills.