Oliver James Associates are currently representing a leading global P&C insurer in their focus to appoint a Senior Actuarial Analyst.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver accurate and timely Pricing analysis to assist business decision making, financial planning, and strategy development
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audience
- Assessing profitability and recommending changes for key lines of business based on appropriate tools and assumptions
- Support the on-going review of pricing practices, recommending changes and improvements that meet best practice and business objectives and comply with company policies and guidelines
- Develop, analyse and monitor key performance indicators and assess expected and actual impact of pricing changes
- Build, validate and analyse Pricing models for a variety of purposes
- Develop solutions, under your own initiative, using sound actuarial/statistical approach to both new and routine Pricing problems
- Perform rigorous validation of data in advance of analysis and actively recommend improvements to data quality.
- Help develop positive relationships between the Pricing area and its business stakeholders
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of methods and activities
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced staff to help their learning and performance