New opportunity for a P&C Actuary with 4+ years experience in personal lines pricing to join a billion-dollar organization offering significant career development. Experience with products in MA or NC preferred, but not required.
This opportunity offers 401K with company match, pension plan, actuarial student program support, relocation program, annual bonuses, medical, dental & vision as well as programs supporting professional development in other areas, casual dress code and more.
This Senior Actuarial Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting the development of new auto products in MA and NC. This involves learning current new product setup for other states and identifying specific needs for MA and NC Auto, proposing the new rates and factors for these states, and working with our product, finance, information technology, and state filings teams on the roll-out of the new product.
- Four actuarial exams and a desire to continue in the actuarial profession. Actively pursuing attainment of Associate membership into the Casualty Actuarial Society" preferred.
- A minimum of 4-5 years actuarial experience with personal lines at a property/casualty insurance company.
- Prior experience developing rate indications, producing rate proposals, producing new products for states, and measuring impacts of proposed rate changes.
- Prior experience interfacing with the product department for purpose of coordinating work.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel features.
- Prior experience or ability to learn RADAR, SAS and SQL.
- Basic predictive analytics/modeling skills and/or ability to enhance skill sets.
- Data research, acquisition and validation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required, including ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technicians.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously