We are currently recruiting a Senior Accountant opportunity for a leading reinsurance client in the heart of the Greater Chicago Area. This role will report to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for reinsurance accounting on a portfolio of Assumed treaties with the successful completion of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:-
- Ensuring accurate and timely entry of assigned accounts into the reinsurance information system.
- Reviewing and reconciling broker remittance statements. Preparation of cash disbursements in settlement of account balances.
- Reviewing calculations on Profit Commissions, Sliding Scale Commission Adjustments, Premium Adjustments, Loss Corridors, Funds Held, and other Accounting entries.
- Responding to Management questions concerning the results and transactions in the assigned treaties.
- Following up with brokers and companies for missing accounts and unanswered questions.
- Assisting unit manager in preparation of management reports, and in preparation of quarterly and year-end financial and statutory reports.
Required experience and education
- Prior experience in Reinsurance Accounting with a reinsurance company or broker
- High School graduate, College degree (Bachelor or Associate) a big plus. Some College preferred. ARe, CPCU courses, or other industry certificates and courses a plus.
- Good general computer skills, good knowledge of MS Word and Excel, knowledge of MS Access a plus.
- Knowledge of French a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.
To be considered for the role or to discuss further then please apply using the prompts provided or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org