Our client is looking for a Security Operations L3 Analyst for a 9 month contract based in Atherstone.
The Security Operations Centre - L3 Analyst resource has the following key responsibilities:
- Monitoring: Monitoring all technologies, and data asset dashboard, sensors and services, and escalate any security events and incidents within the SOC.
- Detection: Using your expertise and knowledge in hunting, as well as automated event detection of sensors and services, to identify any suspicious or malicious activity across the enterprise. Continuous improvement of all detection processes and corresponding technology components.
- Investigation: SOC L3 Analysts will be expected to take ownership and investigate events and incidents to determine scope, risk and severity. Investigations could be conducted on an individual basis, or by coordinating a team where you are the incident response coordinator. Furthermore, to determine what is, or has happened. You will be expected to perform forensics as part of the investigation to help determine scope, risk and severity. Investigation is also where we determine the root cause and the remediation activities.
- Remediation: As the Incident Response Coordinator you take ownership of remediation activities, and work closely with various departments in the organisation to remove suspicious and malicious activity and traffic, and where required restore services. Make appropriate changes to guarantee the such security events and incidents do not reoccur.
- Review: As part of continuous improvement, review all incidents to improve response processes and actionable intelligence. Where possible move manual process over to automation and orchestration. As an L3 Analyst response coordinator you will also be involved in continuous improvement with various team across the organisation.
- People: As a team leader you will be required to work manage and motivate a small team, provide subject matter expertise and best practice to everyone in the Cyber-Security Command Center.