The Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating the agile framework and methodology for the team. The Scrum Master is known as guardian of the scrum team; responsible for resolving obstacles and demonstrating control over the scrum processes, including leading the daily scrum, driving user-story creation and orchestrating sprint plans that are executable in a rapid development environment. This role encompasses everything from coaching team members about agile to delivering successful deliverables.
- Drive the Agile process, monitor the team's workflow and provide guidance to Scrum team members
- Serve as communication liaison between the team and Product Owner, Program Manager and Stakeholders
- Demonstrates servant leadership; must be able to garner respect from team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Develop people through coaching and by fostering a positive work environment; responsible for removing impediments for the scrum team
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and active involvement in technical matters to ensure product owner involvement in business decisions and the description of the functional flow
- Possesses conflict resolution skills and a focus on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect
- Collect and report progress metrics on a regular basis; must forecast numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration based on evidence and reliable source information
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs
- Preferably experienced in Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.), planning estimation and metrics, as well as Agile Tools for Project Management, Continuous Integration and Collaboration
5-7 years' experience as a project manager or team lead; proven success mentoring, communicating and coaching team members without direct authority
BA Information Technology or Business preferred
Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, XP, Kanban, etc.
First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM 1) preferred