My top Dublin based Financial services client is looking for a SAP Functional Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
SAP Functional Analyst
- Contributing to the analysis, design, configuration, development, testing, implementation and operational support for the SAP solutions supporting the Group Finance organisation.
- In addition, this role will also be responsible for the administration of the legacy Finance Systems in advance of the migration to SAP.
Key Contribution Areas
- Providing SAP knowledge and IP to IT and Business functions.
- Assists in the administration of the existing SunSystems General Ledger and related modules along with the Oracle Hyperion Planning Budgeting and Forecasting application.
- Facilitate business process reviews to gather expected business outcomes and functional requirements; document end-to-end processes, related IT systems and functional business requirements (include people, process and technology etc.).
- Analyse business requirements to understand and minimise unnecessary variation, document & co-ordinate business/IT SME reviews and approvals.
- Translates functional business requirements into logical and physical design specifications to configure, document and test elements of system design across multiple functional groups; leads design reviews.
- Defines and documents reusable test cases; builds test objects and data as needed; participates in design and execution of system, integration and performance testing.
- Supports concurrent work assignments across applications and diverse user groups; works to resolve system issues.
- Maintains and develops internal business relationships to influence successful project outcomes.
- Works with application managed services to provide a seamless support for break/fix issues.
- Works with Finance users to answer "how to" questions and provides triage for system issues
Personal Capabilities Required
- This role requires strong technical skills, an interest/passion in understanding and improving finance business processes and good communication skills.
- Capable of building strong relationships with internal and external parties alike, with demonstrable influencing skills at all levels.
- Build effective working relationships with business partners and across the Group at all levels to aid effective collaboration and communication.
- Stakeholder oriented - Managing and satisfying multiple stakeholders in a fluid environment, translating their needs to realistic goals/deliverable.
- Excellent data analysis skills using SQL, Excel or similar.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High levels of enthusiasm, commitment, and energy required. Results-oriented with a "can-do" attitude adaptable, flexible and resourceful to work through short and long-term issues.
Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skill Required
- Previous implementation experience on SAP Financials preferably S/4 HANA Finance.
- Primary or Secondary degree in business, finance, accounting, MIS, or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 plus years in finance analysis, requirements definition, and building SAP systems solutions.
- Experience in Insurance with understanding of Life and Non-Life Insurance Products and associated data.
- Working understanding of financial Regulatory & Legal requirements.
- Prior experience of working in a Waterfall / AGILE / DevOps or equivalent project environment.
- Relevant business acumen and finance process competency.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of system development life-cycle.
- Business process knowledge of complex financial ERP environments.
- Experience with data management, governance, and cross application data mapping.
- Experience working with multiple IT service providers and solution integrator preferred.
- Must have experience working with multi-geography cross-functional teams.