Oliver James are currently representing a Global Financial Services organisation who are looking to appoint a Risk Manager. Working alongside the Senior Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of new risk management initiatives and creating and maintaining a robust risk management structure. This is an exciting role, combining strong leadership and risk management.
- Manage the Risk Management Governance process.
- Be the SME on all aspects of risk management and compliance.
- Lead on the relationship with Internal Audit and provide support to teams in their internal audits, coordinating interactions when needed.
- Shape the response to new risk management and compliance initiatives and facilitate the delivery of those initiatives.
- Help deliver the change management process, ensuring that an appropriate risk lens has been applied to changes.
- Support the Risk Office Associate in the delivery of their responsibilities, providing coaching and mentoring.
- Invest in building networks on a Global scale to understand the business context around the risks impacting the organisation and the wider Enterprise Risk environment.
- Manage key reporting for the team including monthly reporting on risk management activity.
- Work with other members of the Risk Office to help build awareness of risk management across all teams.
- Provide challenge to the Leadership Teams on risk and compliance matters.
- Bring external insights on Risk Management to help develop the understanding of new ways of thinking about risk.
- Risk or Audit background with project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A confident communicator with experience in challenging and influencing stakeholders and building and maintaining networks.
- Knowledge or experience of financial controls development and review would be advantageous.