I am currently working with a Life Insurance company, based in London who are looking for an experience Risk and Compliance Development Manager to come and support their team for 12 months. This role will be working closely with the CRO and and helping to manage and support the 2nd line Risk and Compliance functions as well as work closely across the Risk Team to ensure effective implementation of Risk Management processes across business areas.
- Prepare and maintain the annual Risk Function and Compliance Function plans and calendar, ensuring that resources are allocated appropriately and associated deliverable remain on track, so that the team's responsibilities in relation to oversight and reporting are met.
- Discuss and agree plans with senior stakeholders and develop and implement communication plans to share the plan with the organisation and ensure Executive Directors, senior management and wider staff are aware of the requirements. Prepare Board papers that give sufficient insights for Board members to approve or request modifications to plans.
- Motivate and support the management of other members of the Risk and Compliance Teams and the wider organisation, as appropriate, to deliver the plan to a high standard and within the agreed time frames using rigorous, but proportionate, project management disciplines.
- Co-ordinate engagement with Internal Audit ensuring joined-up planning and cross-reliance upon work performed (i.e. control assurance testing) across 2nd and 3rd Lines of Defence to create a Combined Assurance Map.
- Identify requirements arising from GWL and CLG Risk Management and Compliance and work with the UK Risk and Compliance Management Teams to assess and implement as agreed.
- Experience in the life insurance industry
- Working knowledge of risk governance practices and processes, as part of a wider enterprise risk management framework and associated regulations, including Solvency II
- Ability to motivate a team and experience in people development
- Strong communication skills, demonstrating a clear and articulate standard of written and verbal communication in a complex environment, tailored for all levels of management. Attention to detail
- Strong influencing skills, with experience of engaging with senior management in order to get desired outcome
- Proven track record at delivering under tight time pressure
- Self-motivated, well-organised, pragmatic and able to perform tasks independently.