Part Qualified Pensions Actuary | Retirement Analyst| Bristol UK
Oliver James Associates are working in partnership with a leading global advisory, who are looking to appoint an ambitious part qualified pensions actuary, to join their Retirement team.
In this role you will:
- Work on a variety of Corporate & Trustee projects.
- Actively contribute to providing advice to clients as well as working to meet their day to day requirements whilst providing support to the administration team.
- Act as the main liaison to the senior consultant of each project and draft client deliverables for their review.
- Act as a project manager by creating plans, organising deadlines and budgets as well as scheduling appropriate status meeting calls between the team and client.
- Be involved in decisions about the management of client accounts.
- Progress through your professional qualifications.
- Act as a mentor to the more junior team members.
The successful Actuarial Associate will have:
- Actuarial exam progress towards FIA designation.
- Previous experience in core valuation work.
- Experience in working in a trustee orientated and client service environment that covers DB and DC pension schemes.
- Strong verbal communication skills and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues from a client service point of view.
- Strong analytical and technical capabilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a client team.
- Be a strong leader who is able to ask for help when needed, step outside of your comfort zone and think beyond the task at hand.
To discuss this opportunity further or to gain an oversight of the current pensions actuarial and investment markets please get in touch.
Lily Kinrade- Heath
Associate Consultant | Pensions Actuarial & Investment Consultancy
Lily.Kinrade-Heath@ojassociates.com | 01616940815
- New York, USA
- 11 days ago
Are you looking for a full-time actuarial role? This is a great opportunity to utilize your internship experience and begin your career as an actuary working for a business with an innovative mindset in growth mode! - Work in a team environment closely with other areas of the business, ... Read More
- Brighton, East Sussex
- £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits
- 12 days ago
Oliver James Associates work closely with a FTSE 100 Insurer on the South Coast. At present, we are supporting their search for a Data Analyst, to help support their life insurance teams collate and manipulate data sources. The responsibilities of this role are wide ranging and you will... Read More
Capital Actuarial Analyst
- City of London, London
- 9 days ago
I am currently working with a top London Market Insurer who are seeking a part qualified Capital Actuary. This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the business and take the next set in your actuarial career. Ideal candidates should have excellent academics... Read More
Senior Actuarial Analyst
- New York, USA
- 10 days ago
A fantastic team environment, ability to grow and learn, and enhance technical skills! Does this excite you? You can find all of this at my A+ rated client. - Automate pricing procedures using advanced programming skills and data robot technology - Build and enhance pricing tools for lo... Read More