Oliver James Associates are recruiting for a Reinsurance Accountant for a large global reinsurance client in the heart of Manhattan.
Due to an internal movement you will work within a high-performing and dynamic whilst working closely with the AVP and Manager of Reinsurance Accounting.
The main responsibilities within this role:-
- Accounting for premiums within the sub-ledgers and general ledgers
- Cash receipts and disbursements recording and application
- Review of reinsurance contacts and ensure accounting is in line with contracts.
- Processing of general journal entries.
- Assist with month-end reporting.
- System enhancements and improvements.
- AD hoc project and analysis work.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors degree
- Prior experience working within the insurance industry or 2 years experience within public accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and reconciliation skills