This opportunity sits within a global leading insurance company with more than 10 business units within the APAC region. You will be working on creating testing strategies, selecting test tools, co-ordinating efforts with business units and managing stakeholders as the team implements IFRS'17 standards on their data systems.
Roles and responsibilities
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the Business Finance System platform.
- Create Test Strategy, Test stage plans and Test Sign-off reports.
- Analyse requirements and conditions and prepare Test Scenarios, Test Conditions & Scripts.
- Perform testing analysis to ensure that all business requirements are met and suitable test processes are in place to verify and validate them.
- Identify the test coverage of the scripts and prioritise them understanding the business impact.
- Leverage, maintain and administer defect management tools in an efficient and effective manner.
- Support test infrastructure, such as test management tools and test reporting.
- Support members of the management team and project stakeholders in the testing process.
- Knowledge and experience in general ledgers, sub ledgers and other infrastructure component reporting tools
- 15+ years as a career tester all the way from test analysis to test management along with functional testing analysis, and business system process analysis within financial accounting and regulatory reporting domain
- Must haves include: UAT Test Management, Data Testing Experience in ETL and Data warehousing, Finance Systems Implementation
- Must have strong leadership experience to manage internal teams, offshore teams and vendors of various cultures and nationalities within the APAC region
- Must have excellent attention to detail, be able to work within tight deadlines and within high pressure environments
- Proven evidence of strong communication skills used to successfully lead, coordinate and conclude business discussion sessions
- Ability to initiate and drive discussions with key stakeholders to effective conclusion
- Capable of organising and managing day to day activities/initiatives for self & team independently
- Ability to take day to day operational decisions on critical tasks for self & team independently
- Good team player with proven ability of working with colleagues within/outside of own functional area/team
- Ability to multi-task on activities within & outside of the immediate functional area/team
- Demonstrated capability to learn and improve self & team's performance on an on-going basis
- Capable of undertaking transfer of knowledge through training/coaching within & outside of team