The Asia Financial Risk team provides oversight in the management of market risk, liquidity risk, local solvency risk, asset-liability activities and corresponding exposure against limits for the Asia division including the legal entities through which it operates.
- Provide oversight in the management of market risk in particular non-fixed income risk, foreign exchange risk, hedging effectiveness, etc.
- Provide oversight in the management of liquidity risk including implementation of various liquidity risk policies in business units, discussion of liquidity risk staging and monitoring of liquidity risk metrics
- Work collaboratively with the Group Financial Risk Management to provide insight, challenge and oversight of risk-adjusted returns, recommendation to the Asia CRO, the Head of Group Financial Risk, business unit CROs and the Head of Asia Financial Risk on proposals going to the Asia ALCO and business unit ALCOs, and on new products that introduce market and / or liquidity risk
- Propose market risk limits for the Asia Division, enhance the divisional risk appetite limits framework on market risk, liquidity risk and local solvency risk
- Work collaboratively with the Group Financial Risk Management on the development and measurement of risk exposures for the division and business units, provide effective support and propose enhancements to timely risk measurement and reporting
- Provide effective support to hedging activities to mitigate risk, including Variable Annuity business in the division
- Monitor market and liquidity risk exposures against approved limits and be able to clearly explain changes in exposures
- Support on various ad hoc stress testing on emerging market and liquidity risk
- Minimum of 8 years working experience with the majority of it from the life insurance industry, with experience in asset liability management, investment or financial risk management in life insurance industry in the Asian market
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Good technical knowledge of IFRS, ALM, and capital requirements
- Strong communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical issues into fundamental concepts
- Effective influencing skills and strong relationship building skills to build strong working relationships and influence outcomes within division and across business units
To find out more please send your updated CV in Word format to Jason.Strachan@ojassociates.com or contact me on +852 3018 4611 for a confidential discussion.