This Quantitative Research role plays an important part in the overall strategy of the team and has a well rounded suite of responsibilities.
The role holder will play an important part on the creation of systematic fixed income investment strategies and the efficient construction of portfolios. This role is great for someone who is looking to be involved in the full life-cycle of the investment process. Working in a small team brings it's own challenges, you'll be expected to have a material impact on the performance of the portfolio and you will need to be comfortable having a broad range of responsibilities. The rewards however are apparent, particularly for those who want to become knowledgeable about the whole investment process with a view to working towards managing money further down the line.
- Creation of robust investment strategies that fit into the process of the Fixed Income team.
- Utilisation of Portfolio Construction and other risk management methods.
- Extracting meaningful information from large data sets and using sophisticated techniques to achieve this.
- Creation of Quantitative tools for the desk Liaising with internal teams to communicate ideas clearly and effectively.
- Experience in Quantitative Fixed Income Investment - either professionally or highly applicable academic experience.
- Idea generator - the ideal person should display creativity and the willingness to put forward their ideas confidently and concisely.
- Advanced technical skills in programming - Matlab, R, Python are key languages used on a regular basis.
- Excellent Academics - PhD preferred but those with exceptional Masters degrees will also be considered. Strong communicator with future leadership potential.