My client, a leading market maker, is looking for an Options Quant Trader to join their business. Candidate must have experience as a Quant Trader and a track record of success. Strong educational background and programming skills desirable.
My client is a trading firm with a strong focus on cutting-edge technology, data driven decisions and automation. Our core competency is providing liquidity as an options market-maker - meaning we provide competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
What you'll do as a Quantitative Trader:
Quantitative Trading and Research team is looking to add Quant Traders to a team of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists. This team creates trading strategies scientifically by combining its quantitative expertise with sophisticated understanding of derivatives and financial markets.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker who can capture trading opportunities, convert ideas into trading solutions, and pilot sophisticated trading strategies with mathematical and programming skills. In this role, you will:
- Manage trading strategies and improve profitability by converting ideas into quantitative models
- Implement trading signals that contribute to portfolio construction
- Develop a deep understanding of derivatives theory and financial markets
- Generate ideas on trading opportunities, product insights, risk management and trading systems
Qualities that make great candidates:
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a Quantitative Trader or related role
- Understanding of advanced Mathematics: Calculus, Stochastic Processes, Linear Algebra, Statistics and Optimization
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, numerical linear algebra, machine learning or convex optimization
- Strong programming skills in python (C++ is a plus)
- Decision maker who is able to process complicated information quickly and accurately under pressure