The role involves shaping the test strategy for the particular development project and leading a team of between 4 and 7 QA engineers in the preparation and execution of all aspects of the testing on the project.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of testing during the complete project life-cycle, from inception to implementation.
The key accountabilities for this role are:
- Develop test strategy (including functional and non functional testing)
- Work with the development and test staff to maximise the use of test automation throughout the project.
- Production of detailed test plans
- Liaison with all project stakeholders in order to get approval for test approach
- Plan and manage the preparation and execution of the test activities carried out by test resources attached to the project.
- Coach other team members in the role of testing within an agile framework.
Skills and experience
- Experience with testing in projects using both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Proven experience of leading test teams in excess of 4 staff on large software development projects.
- Experience with using a test management tool
- A good appreciation of non functional testing
- Experience of testing in a Continuous integration and Release environment
- Experience of using SOAPUI or Similar
- Experience of coding with an OO language such as Java or Ruby would be an advantage.