Job Summary - Project Manager - Scrum Master
Operating within the IT organization, the technical project manager will be a hands-on contributor as well as a leader of other resources successfully delivering the project(s) through the System Development Life Cycle in adherence to Project Management Framework principles. A self-starter, with a strong understanding of application development and agile development methodologies, who will be responsible for working with IT and business professionals to identify project requirements, build out the work plans, commission the development, and execute deliverables that drive continued project momentum, and ultimately satisfactory completion of multiple initiatives.
- Experience working with multiple SCRUM teams in Agile delivery and managing Kanban or traditional Waterfall (PMI standard) projects.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with project stakeholders from all levels.
- Drive the Agile process, monitor the team's workflow and provide guidance to Scrum team members
- Serve as communication liaison between the team and Product Owner, Program Manager and Stakeholders
- Demonstrates servant leadership; must be able to garner respect from team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Develop people through coaching and by fostering a positive work environment; responsible for removing impediments for the scrum team
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and active involvement in technical matters to ensure product owner involvement in business decisions and the description of the functional flow
- Possesses conflict resolution skills and a focus on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect
- Collect and report progress metrics on a regular basis; must forecast numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration based on evidence and reliable source information
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand team needs
- Preferably experienced in Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.), planning estimation and metrics, as well as Agile Tools for Project Management, Continuous Integration and Collaboration
- Manage vendors and team members in a matrix organization
- Manage the entire Project Management Life Cycle for new projects as well as transition to the Project Manager from existing projects that are currently in flight.
- Managing expectations and conflicts/obstacles and unexpected difficulties.
- Manage multiple projects in an environment that is early in its project management processes
- Identify, track and resolve project risks/issues using best practice problem-solving techniques
- Develop and manage project schedules using MS Project
- Experienced in managing cross-functional project teams and high-visibility projects