Project Manager - Investment Banking
£80,000 to £100,000
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a progressive insurer in London.
The Project Management the opportunity will allow you to shape the business area and take full ownership of the Investment Portfolio.
You will be given full budgetary of a large change portfolio and a high level of visibilty in the business.
1. The Programme Manager will work with Sponsors and key stakeholders to understand strategic context and to shape and develop Finance Change portfolio objectives, scope, approach and an appropriate governance regime.
2. Programme Manage the overall Finance Change portfolio, ensuring delivery is on time, within budget, to scope.
3. Produces and manage an overall programme budget, ensuring that spend is in line with agreed plans, that accurate forecasts are produced and agreed benefits are realised.
4. Responsible for chairing governance boards and championing governance processes. Creates and implements robust programme planning, reporting and control processes, in line with business.
5. Pro-actively manage stakeholder expectations, establishing effective communication and engagement plans. This includes contributing to debates and decisions on project requirements and prioritisation.
6. Integrate projects across the portfolio and manage cross-function / business interdependencies to ensure co-ordinated delivery.
7. Select and manage a range of internal and external suppliers for service or change delivery.
8. Identify all risks and issues affecting the programme and the business, putting appropriate measures in place to effectively manage them.
9. Lead, manage and motivate large, diverse teams across multiple locations. Support the delivery of change portfolio through effective allocation and management of resources,
10. To build a strong, cohesive and motivated Finance Change delivery team. To ensure individuals are competent in their roles and are able to meet expectations and objectives.
Qualifications / Experience
* Proven experience (5 years+) of managing complex portfolio / programme within Investment Banking.
* Track record of successful shaping and delivery of large Projects.
* Proven experience of managing 3rd party relationships
* Proven experience of leading large, multi-disciplined teams across locations.
* Leadership - Ability to lead and motivate all levels of staff to ensure delivery
* Analytical Skills - ability to interpret detailed information from a number of sources and draw together the overall picture. Ability to identify pragmatic implementation solutions to business and technical challenges.
* Decision Making - Effective decision making / problem solving taking into account the situation, priorities, timing, constraints and the availability of the necessary information