The purpose of this position is to manage and direct large-scale projects for both business and technical initiatives. This includes but is not limited to working with the business to define and launch new initiatives, define benefits, prioritize project deliverables and the allocation of resources within the business and technical units necessary to achieve business outcomes. This position is responsible for all aspects of the project including but not limited to planning, implementation, support and reporting/ documentation.
You will plan and manage the work of project team resources to ensure that final products are delivered on time and within budget while aligning project work activities with business customer goals and objectives. Your leadership and excellent communication skills will be critical in working closely with business customers to translate business needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- 4+ years of progressively more responsible work experience in a defined project management role.
- Experience compiling financial project cost data, coordinating Business Requirements and managing feasibility studies, time/cost estimates.
- Experience with process design, workflow analysis, re-engineering or other change management techniques whose purpose is to make and implement recommendations to improve effectiveness.
- Experience with the Total Quality Management process and tracking.
- Strong understanding of Property and Casualty Insurance industry preferred (home and auto insurance).
- Education equivalent to a college degree in an information technology related discipline or other disciplines with an information technology and/or business administration focus, or the equivalent in related work experience