Project Manager - Global Analytics
The Project Manager for Global Analytics group works under the direction of the Global Analytics Leads on the project execution of multiple analytics initiatives. This role will gather the requests from different stakeholders, perform project planning, and manage complex projects for all phases of a project life cycle, from analysis phase to implementation. Success requires a combination of strong communication, project management skills, understanding of P&C insurance processes, and ability to manage project with stakeholders in different locations.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Global Analytics and line business units to define project scope and objectives, develop project charter and detailed project plan, communicate objectives and plan to stakeholders, manage project execution and maintain the plan.
- Drive project delivery, identify and address project risks/issues, ensure appropriate resource levels, and communicate progress to the stakeholders at different levels.
- Follow-up with appropriate team members and stakeholders proactively on status updates, issue resolution, sign-offs, etc.
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints. Create meeting agendas, status updates, and meeting minutes. Proactive follow-ups.
- Identify and tightly manage cross dependencies, efforts and impacts.
- Create tactical documentation to support the project and it's deliverables.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Deep understanding of data management concepts including Data-Migration, Reconciliation, MDM, Fact-Dimension models, data profiling, etc.
- Experience in managing tactical and strategic data and coding transition and quality efforts.
- Experience in working with and communicating with Global stakeholders.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders, including IT management, developers, BAs, Operations, Actuarial, Underwriting and Claims users.
- Proficient in MS Project, MS office, including Excel pivot tables, MS Visio.
- Experienced in managing IT and Operations projects.
- Sound knowledge of IT project lifecycle, artifacts, and check-points.
- Experience working with external service and software vendors.
- Experience creating project tracking reports for multiple projects to optimize resource allocation is a plus
- BS degree and equivalent work experience required. Project management certification a plus.
- Insurance industry experience.
- 5 to 10 years of experience managing medium to large and data and analytics focused global projects.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to listen and interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels and geographies.
- Demonstrated integrity and dedication to effective, efficient delivery of objectives