My Dublin based client is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Role and responsibilities
- Apply project management standards and best practices to ensure successful execution of Client Technology projects on scope, on schedule and on budget.
- Concurrently manage multiple projects end-to-end using industry best practices methodologies (Waterfall & Agile).
- Work with the PMO to ensure best practice standards and project governance approaches are maintained across the Client Technology project portfolio.
- Accountable for overall project management including planning, financial, day-to-day operational, quality assurance, go-live, rollout and communication management.
- Identify inter-dependencies between resources, stakeholders and deliverables and ensure all risks are identified and mitigated.
- Prepare detailed work plans, resourcing needs, delivery milestones and success criteria for every project.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood, signed off, and delivery priorities agreed prior to solution development.
- Support all phases of the projects testing cycle to ensure requirements have been delivered, success criteria has been achieved, and the solution being delivered is fit for purpose.
- During the project go-live phase work closely with project stakeholders, internal teams, and external suppliers to ensure a smooth transition to the new solution. Ensure all necessary training is provided.
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Project Management skills including financial management, planning, scheduling, reporting, resource management, communications, risk management, dependencies, scope, time quality and budget.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels from across the firm and to explain and justify project plans and approaches in clear non-technical language.
- Experience and knowledge of the leading project management methodologies including skills in business process analysis and process mapping.
- Experience of both on premise and cloud based application delivery including the transition of the applications into service.
- Experience of working in a Professional or a Financial Services environment preferred.
- 10 years PM experience working in a similar role, delivering projects and working to recognised PM standards.
- Experience of working as a PM within a professions services / corporate environment.
- Familiarity with Project, Program and Development standards (e.g. Agile, Kanban)
- A recognised project management qualification (e.g. PMP Certification).