As the Project Manager you will work for a global leader within the Chemical Distribution space that has an appetite for Change and looking for you to help bring their change function into the 21st century. You will be responsible for the end to end delivery of a diverse Change portfolio that encompasses both Business and IT related projects throughout the UK arm of the business an eventually further afield.
Project Manager Project Manager
- Responsible for delivering projects to plan, budget and agreed quality and governance standards. The role typically requires managing three plus complex projects simultaneously
- Manages project teams engaged throughout the full delivery lifecycle. Delivery of projects supporting the business strategy from business case through to initiation, requirement analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and closure
- Manages the project end to end including the IT elements of delivery (I/A)
- Works with management to help define and implement aspects of the strategy and vision
- Translates gaps between current state architecture and strategy into a project plan/roadmap
- Identifies, assesses and manages project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework.
- Controls the scope of projects, ensuring that rigorous change control is exercised.
- Ensures that sufficient level of detail project and quality plans are prepared and maintained for complex projects, providing regular and accurate reports on progress against plan to stakeholders as appropriate
- Ensure sufficient level of flexibility and tolerance provided to tackle complex nature of project. Maintaining control of exceptions outside tolerance
- Set out the business case for the programme taking into account information on benefits, costs, risks and timescales, concluding on whether it is desirable, viable and achievable
- Project resource plans are maintained to ensure appropriately skilled and experienced individuals are appointed in line with delivery plans.
- Ensure resourcing strategy creation, Internal / External vendor management, resource demand profile maintenance
- Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the project deliverables will be delivered to the business, including planning around key business cycles, selecting appropriate customers for migration, etc.
- Initiates and manages the business implementation plan, including all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new technical components and technologies or process/organisation changes.
- Tracks and reports against these activities to ensure progress.
- Extensive experience in managing projects with medium to high complexity, business critical and large cross-functional team spanning multiple regions and functions
- A proven track record of the full project life cycle delivery
- In-depth Knowledge of Project Office and Project Management function
- Experience of working with Technology to deliver complex projects
- Understanding and experience of managing end date driven change
- Ability to execute quickly and effectively - strong influencing skills and ability to get things done in a complex matrix organisational structure
Project Manager Project Manager Project Manager Project Manager Project Manager