- Taking end to end responsibility for the delivery of up to 2/3 medium sized projects or a small project portfolio, establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor the deliverables to the business to realise the benefits as defined in the Business Case.
- Leading project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained and issues are actively managed through to their successful resolution.
- Manages third party relationships ensuring that dependencies are identified and managed and deliverables are achieved, as defined in the project's Initiation Document and without incurring unnecessary cost or delay to the project.
- Ensuring that project control procedures are in place, and actively used to assess the effect risks, issues, assumptions and change has on costs, timescale and/or resource needs and reports these to project sponsors.
- Identifies, secures and manages project resources to achieve project and organisational objectives in line with the project schedule, approved funding and within expected quality and timescales.
- Project Management Delivery Experience - Strong experience of project delivery.
- Decision Making - Understands the principles of decision discretion and agrees with sponsor the appropriate thresholds.
- Project Management Methodology- Is proficient in the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Example: PRINCE2 or APM.
- Budgets-Is proficient in the principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost-effectiveness
- Ability to manage Stakeholders is key for this role.