This role is a key role within the BTS team. The ideal candidate will lead the delivery of multiple strategic technical projects.
What you will be responsible for:
- You will ensure timely delivery of assigned strategic IT projects, securing appropriate resources and developing management KPIs
- You will be responsible for the adherence to our project capability - ensuring projects are complying with delivery processes and standards and redesign project processes with the aim to increase efficiency and maturity
- You will work closely with all project stakeholders to obtain buy-in and progress project milestones and you'll coordinate stakeholder meetings and facilitate the decision making process
- We're all about engaging with people, you'll drive regular reports on project status with Senior Management via KPI and project steering meetings
- We believe in timely and effective execution, you'll measure, track and review IT project delivery metrics ensuring adherence to project time, budget and resource constraints
- We work in a fast-moving agile set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time also
- As a technologist you will show demonstrable experience with all aspects of hardware and software systems projects
- Previous experience leading infrastructure & architectural projects in a highly available, regulated environment
- Knowledge of the following would be an advantage; Linux systems (Red Hat/Centos), Microsoft Windows systems, Web Servers technologies (IIS, Apache, Tomcat), VMWare Software (vCenter, vSAN, ESXi), TCP/IP networking, Cloud Services (AWS, Azure), or DevOps
Experience relating to managing projects in a high availability environment especially project relating to Infrastruture and Cloud based projects.
Excellent commuication skills are required for this role.