As the Project Manager, you will work within a fast-growing Change function for one of the UK's 'top 20' Legal Firms. You will have full responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of a large Business change portfolio, that will centre around; Process and Operational driven change initiatives.
The purpose of this role is to work with the PI business in identifying, shaping and leading business improvement projects aligned to both operational strategy and future operating model. The successful candidate will work with a team of Business Analysts in ensuring sustainable and measurable solutions are generated.
- Project Delivery - define approach for project appropriate to size/scale, collaborative creation of appropriate plans, assurance of delivery to cost/time/quality criteria;
- Project team leadership - matrix management of internal delivery teams / 3rd parties / SMEs, chairing regular project updates, maintaining key relationships with IT, HR, Finance, Sales and Marketing;
- Governance - creation and maintenance of key project artefacts, ensuring decision-making and escalation paths are clear defined and followed;
- Sponsor / Stakeholder engagement - maintaining clear progress updates to sponsor and key stakeholders, ensuring scope is maintained whilst being pragmatic in adapting to unique requirements of legal environment;
- Risk - ensuring all project risk is captured and mitigation plans in place;
- Comms - author and owner of comms plan, driving delivery via multiple channels;
- Business change - using project structures and techniques to ensure the implementation and embedding of any change is done with the full buy-in of business users and has longevity as a solution;
- Best practice - being an advocate and evangelist for best practice in project management methodologies and controls;
- Management of budget - working with finance project team to track and forecast spend and realisable benefits;
- Reporting - appropriate to size and impact of change;
- Solution generation - ensuring this is tech enabled, not tech led, and closely meets the needs of the affected business users;
- Pipeline / prioritisation management - working with the wider PI Ops team to ensure that resource is applied to the right change projects.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- be graduate calibre with appropriate professional qualifications in change management, project management or process improvement;
- have demonstrable experience in a similar role;
- have knowledge of working in a professional services industry;
- be able to show working knowledge of multiple analysis techniques.