As the Project Manager, you will be working within an expanding Change function for a large, cash-rich Insurer that is following an ambitious growth plan. You will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of business-critical Business and IT Change projects that have huge implications for the business moving forward.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- To manage the development and implementation of both business and IT projects to time, cost and quality.
- Ensuring projects are delivered according to our project methodology and stage gate process to de-risk delivery
- To manage a number of projects at any one time
- Manage key stakeholders and their expectations through effective updates and communication on plans and progress reporting.
- Manage risks and issues; escalating cross project risks and issues through functional management
- Accountable to the business sponsor for successful delivery of project deliverables within approved timeline, budget and agreed upon success criteria.
- Create and execute project plans and revisions as appropriate, using change control to manage impact
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Ensure sign off of deliverables by relevant stakeholders and that acceptance criteria are in place and adhered to
- Manage project finances, ensuring variances are known, reported and managed
- Facilitate the development of project business cases with Business Leads and Business Analysts
- Ensure benefits management activities are included within project plans
- Ensure stakeholder management plans and communication plans are in place for the project
- Engage Change Management Leads to ensure related activities are integral to the core project plan