This is an incredibly exciting role sitting between finance and projects and requires someone with excellent financial budgeting and project management experience. With a planned expansion of the Aerospace programme, this role will be working directly with the Programme manager and work across the Programme teams.
Aerospace Programme Financial Analyst (60% focus)
- Timely production of financial Programme review reports, monthly Programme financial commentaries, budgets and forecasts for the Aerospace programme.
- Ensure Programme financial results, risks and opportunities are critically reviewed and challenged.
- Ensure that Programme risks and opportunities, mitigation plans and savings plans are properly calculated and disclosed at the appropriate scheduled review
- Provide ongoing financial advice and support to the Programme Manager, Project Managers and the Project Team.
- Responsible for ensuring that costs to complete and their assumptions are properly supported and disclosed. Ensure that Programme financial forecasts are aligned with planned activity contained within the Programme Plan.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate recording, preparation and presentation of Programme financial information to both the Implementation Group and Steering Group (C-Suite level) and any other relevant Finance reporting as required.
- Ensure that Programme financial controls for the business are effective, reliable and adhered to.
- Ensure that the Programme adheres to an appropriate structure and costs budget. Provide 'project variance' analysis where appropriate.
- Maintain effective systems and processes to enable the accurate recording of all Programme costs including contract and subcontractor accruals, outstanding purchase orders, GRNI, timesheet bookings and coding notifications.
- Ensure that adherence to financial accounting and commercial governance is maintained by the Programme.
- Provide information to the Internal and External Auditors as and when required
- Continuously challenge the way we work and actively identify areas where we can improve the performance within the Programme and Finance, and in the way both serves others in the company. Make the identified changes as quickly as practical.
Other Aerospace Programme Duties (40% focus)
- Utilise project management skills to support project managers as instructed by the Programme Manager.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the Aerospace integration programme to contribute to the successful delivery of the key milestones
- Translate programme finance reporting into risk and issues and identify potential challenges and consider possible mitigations
- Liaise with various key stakeholders including various finance teams, PMO and subject matter experts to ensure key communications are clearly understand
- Provide recommendations for decisions to leadership through providing insight and knowledge that allows them to make business decisions.
- Attend Implementation and Steering Group boards to provide regular updates on programme finances and discuss root cause of variance.
- Complete other activities as instructed by the Programme Manager.
Key Skills and Experience
- An understanding of the insurance industry preferable
- Great communicator, able to build strong personal relationships at all levels
- Strong commercial focus and analytical abilities
- Prepared to take ownership of assigned tasks and multi-task
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to communicate key messages clearly and concisely
- Experience in cost management and reduction
- Good project management skills, not in a leadership role but comfortable in supporting project managers and familiar with the terminology.
- A qualified accountant with 4+ years essential
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Project Management qualification preferable but not essential
- Programme Manager and Project Team
- CFO for Speciality and finance team
- Aerospace team
- Other central functions as required