Develops products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Product Manager Job Duties:
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy
Software Development Manager - Rapidly Growing Tech Company
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- 27 days ago
Company Overview: A leader in the development and provision of innovative products for the travel sector. Background to the role: This is a brand new role being created as the company continues to rapidly expand. Job summary: Leading multiple product teams working on exciting and innova... Read More
Senior Java Developer - South Dublin
- Dublin South, Dublin
- 11 days ago
A Leading and Dynamic Software Solutions Provider with a big Irish presence are looking for a Java developer to join a their software engineering team based in Dublin. Company Overview: Leading Software Solutions Provider to the Insurance Industry. Background to the role: The company ar... Read More
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- 27 days ago
The Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating the agile framework and methodology for the team. The Scrum Master is known as guardian of the scrum team; responsible for resolving obstacles and demonstrating control over the scrum processes, including leading the daily scrum, driving ... Read More
Director of Cloud Engineering
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- 3 days ago
Company Overview Leading computer software provider based in South Dublin is looking for a new Director of Cloud Engineering. Over 10 years on the market with 3 offices around the worlds and more than 150 employees. On an expressive growing period, currently involved on building a new a... Read More