Oliver James Associates are supporting an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider with a ground-breaking vision for the future who are seeking to recruit a Qualified Actuary to work within a Product and Pricing capacity.
The position offers the unique opportunity for an experienced pricing and product development actuary to take a senior role in: developing and delivering the pricing strategy for new and existing protection products; monitoring product performance and leading strategic projects to identify and develop opportunities for innovation; supporting new product development from concept to development, pricing and delivery.
- Works closely with product development, sales, underwriting and analytics teams to improve pricing strategy and execution using cutting edge analytical techniques
- Drive new product development, including idea generation, market research, pricing, governance sign off and systems implementation
- Deliver enhancements to pricing capability through research and development of new rating and segmentation factors
- Work with sales team to develop commercial pricing strategies to improve sales and retention, whilst maintaining profitability levels and hitting the business plan metrics
- Support reinsurance tenders during new product or existing business pricing initiatives
- Support re-pricing of existing products, or of pricing for policy servicing changes
- Marketing literature - sign off marketing literature for new product and pricing developments
- Presents insight to key stakeholders, builds relationships with all departments and shares best practice and building the profile of the product and pricing team
- Nearly / newly qualified actuary
- Experience working in life office or reinsurer, specifically in pricing protection products
- Experience of Prophet
- Strong ability to analyse problems and develop structured solutions
- Experience of working with Microsoft Excel and Access (advanced)
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills - both written and verbal
This organisation is extremely unique in their approach and they are seeking an innovative actuary who shares their approach of thinking outside of the box to challenge the existing insurance market when it comes to Product Development.