Privacy and Compliance Manager - FTSE250 Utility
North-West London - Salary up to £75,000 with great benefits
A great opportunity has come up for a data privacy professional to join a motivated and fast-paced legal team of a growing FTSE 250 business.
The purpose of the role will be to ensure the business is compliant with all current legislation surrounding privacy and compliance including:
- Responsibility for any privacy matters (including GDPR, DPA 2018 & PECR);
- Responding to data protection queries from the business;
- Providing advice to the business on data privacy compliance;
- Managing compliance activities, such as breach reporting and supplying monthly logs to the regulator;
- Assisting with DSARS, erasure requests and data privacy related complaints;
- Reviewing and negotiating contract clauses
- Updating internal privacy compliance procedures and policies;
- Assisting on data privacy staff training activities.
- Support the Chief Information Security Officer in executing risk assessments within the business areas.
- Preparing annual and biannual reports to management;
- Carrying out regular audits to ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Responsibility for updating relevant compliance policies.
- The role may also include the reviewing, negotiating and amending of licences, terms of business and simple commercial contracts.
- You will ideally already be operating at a manager-level in a Privacy focused role.
- You will need to be a great communicator, and confident working with stakeholders at all levels.
- A strong understanding of corporate privacy and compliance obligations;
- Experience of Information Security from a Risk/Compliance perspective (desirable)
- A strong attention to detail;
- An ability to work under pressure;
- An ability to be self-motivated and independent;
- A friendly, helpful and professional manner.
This is a great opportunity for a Data Protection professional to play a large part in shaping the Privacy strategy in growing FTSE 250 business.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration or get in touch on 0203 861 9253 for more details and a confidential conversation regarding the role.