Oliver James Associates are currently representing a leading global Advisory Firm in their focus to appoint two Pension Actuarial Analysts, to be based in their Belfast office.You will be working as a core member of our clients funding and benefits team supporting consultants and actuaries in all aspects of pensions consulting and actuarial work.
In this role, you will be juggling numerous tasks with your day to day responsibilities including:
- Assisting the lead consultant on the delivery of strategic and day to day consulting advice that requires detailed ongoing client knowledge as well as good working relationships with key client contacts
- Contributing to client meeting preparation e.g. setting the agenda and content for meeting packs; and liaising with the client and senior consultants
- Working with the Retirement Service Centre, Speciality Groups and other areas of the organisation to deliver a streamlined service to clients
- Dealing with routine queries received from clients, scheme members, third parties and other areas of the organisation
- Getting involved in valuation and accounting processes e.g. project management, liaising with key stakeholders etc.
- Carrying out non-standard scheme benefit calculations and, depending on your experience, you may be involved in actuarial work e.g. scheme design, funding and accounting
- Getting involved in and presenting client correspondence and presentations
- Liaising with clients on a regular basis to ensure clients are kept appraised of all relevant developments
- Researching new business prospect activity and collating information for consultants to support business development opportunities
- Attending and participating in client meetings with consultants
- Delegating work to more junior colleagues; acting as a mentor to, and helping develop junior colleagues
- Presenting technical training sessions (e.g. legislative changes) to junior colleagues to support their development
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be a part qualified Actuary with:
- An extensive understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate and the ability to interpret rules and awareness of what they mean for client work
- Good analytical skills and ability to work through tasks in a logical manner
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
- Excellent planning and organisational ability to prioritise and complete work in accordance to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) in a numeric subject
For more information on this position, please forward your CV to the below contact details.