PQ Actuarial Research Analyst - Pricing Research & Development
Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a leading Global Reinsurance organisation who are seeking to strengthen their R&D team with a Part Qualified Actuary for strategic purposes.
The main function of R&D is the production of the company's actuarial bases in respect of mortality, morbidity, longevity and persistency for products in the UK and Irish life insurance markets.
This role will provide support for the team, with a particular focus on data infrastructure and modelling, and will suit a systems-orientated person who enjoys working with large datasets. The right candidate for this role will have a solid foundation in software systems for data processing and manipulation, as well as expert modelling skills, to ensure that the actuarial assumptions being set are based on accurate and relevant information.
- Provide support in the experience studies for in-force treaties of the company's Protection and Longevity products; this will involve collecting, manipulating and analysing large datasets as well as performing reasonableness checks and reconciliation of the data.
- Assist in developing the Terms or Trade assumptions and basis through regular maintenance of the datasets and the servers in which the data is stored.
- Continuously seek improvement and efficiencies to existing processes, documentation, models and tools.
- Ensure all of the above is clearly explained and well-documented.
- Keep up to date with industry developments to help ensure that the business maintains a cutting-edge level of technical knowledge with respect to data maintenance and processing, as well as statistical modelling skills and software.
- Facilitate the sharing of these learnings and ideas back into the team and wider organisation.
- Liaise with other teams within the business through knowledge sharing and proving technical support. From time to time, the candidate will need to answer queries from other teams also.
The business have recently appointed a new Director and you will work alongside this individual supporting them with all adhoc project's and wider responsibilities.
Senior Actuarial Analyst - Pricing
- West Midlands, England
- £40000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
- 24 days ago
A high profile insurance firm is seeking a senior actuarial analyst to join their pricing team. This opportunity will provide the successful candidate with a challenging, dynamic and project based role. The Role This position sits within a large actuarial pricing team. Key responsibilit... Read More
Senior Investments Pricing Actuarial Analyst - London
- City of London, London
- £45000 - £68000 per annum
- about 1 hour ago
Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a European leader in Asset Management and Major Global Investor in their strategic recruitment of a Senior Actuarial Analyst to work within their Internal Consulting team. As a part/nearly qualified actuary, you will work as part of a sma... Read More
Actuarial Analyst - Bulk Annuities Pricing
- London, England
- £38000 - £45000 per annum
- 16 days ago
Actuarial Analyst - Bulk Annuity Pricing - London - up to £45,000 Our leading Life Insurance Client are seeking a talented Actuarial Analyst to join its award winning Bulk Annuity Team in London. One of the original providers of Insurance to Pension Schemes, they had a record breaking 2... Read More
Actuarial Analyst | Pricing | Reinsurance
- City of London, London
- study support
- 23 days ago
A rare opportunity to move into one of the UK's leading reinsurers has come onto the market. The Role This role will enable you to get involved in reinsurance, longevity and protection pricing alongside, reporting, maintaining pricing tools and experience analysis The Person You will ne... Read More