Oliver James Associates are currently supporting a leading Global Reinsurance organisation who are seeking to strengthen their R&D team with a Part Qualified Actuary for strategic purposes.
The main function of R&D is the production of the company's actuarial bases in respect of mortality, morbidity, longevity and persistency for products in the UK and Irish life insurance markets.
This role will provide support for the team, with a particular focus on data infrastructure and modelling, and will suit a systems-orientated person who enjoys working with large datasets. The right candidate for this role will have a solid foundation in software systems for data processing and manipulation, as well as expert modelling skills, to ensure that the actuarial assumptions being set are based on accurate and relevant information.
- Provide support in the experience studies for in-force treaties of the company's Protection and Longevity products; this will involve collecting, manipulating and analysing large datasets as well as performing reasonableness checks and reconciliation of the data.
- Assist in developing the Terms or Trade assumptions and basis through regular maintenance of the datasets and the servers in which the data is stored.
- Continuously seek improvement and efficiencies to existing processes, documentation, models and tools.
- Ensure all of the above is clearly explained and well-documented.
- Keep up to date with industry developments to help ensure that the business maintains a cutting-edge level of technical knowledge with respect to data maintenance and processing, as well as statistical modelling skills and software.
- Facilitate the sharing of these learnings and ideas back into the team and wider organisation.
- Liaise with other teams within the business through knowledge sharing and proving technical support. From time to time, the candidate will need to answer queries from other teams also.
The business have recently appointed a new Director and you will work alongside this individual supporting them with all adhoc project's and wider responsibilities.