This is a key leadership role, and the individual will be responsible for driving the value of the assets the organisation owns and/or manages for third parties. This is a new role, which will see the individual build a team of portfolio strategy and financial analysts, in addition to working very closely with the existing customer intelligence/analytics department. Reporting directly to the Group Director.
The organization has continually sought to set new standards within its sector, often bringing a fresh and disruptive outlook. It is widely recognized as a market leader in the Netherlands and the entrepreneurial management team has ambitious plans for further organic and acquisitive growth.
The business is passionate about recruiting and nurturing talent to further build the business. To achieve the growth targets and further capitalize on its existing portfolio the organization is looking for an ambitious, driven leader to set up a portfolio management division within the company. Current business has assets under management of approx. 850k accounts with a principal value of EUR 3.5 bln, of which ~550k owned accounts (~700 mln). The owned portfolios collect approx. EUR 4 mln per month.
Occasional travel will be part of the role (approx. 5-10%, mostly between the Netherlands and the UK).
- Set up portfolio management strategies, e.g. deciding on portfolio collection strategy for existing and new portfolios, for both owned and third-party managed assets;
- Will have a team of circa 5 staff, including customer intelligence, business and financial analysts;
- "Owning" the portfolio numbers, delivering accurate portfolio insights locally and across the Group;
- Forecasting expected portfolio performance, in cooperation with Group modelling and analytics;
- Preparing financial and operational business cases in support of new portfolio and asset management acquisition processes;
- Delivering customer insights that drive portfolio management strategies.
- At least 3 - 8 years relevant working experience as Portfolio Manager;
- In possession of a Master degree;
- Proven execution experience on data-driven operational strategies;
- Works extremely structured while dealing with ambiguous, complex and varying environments;
- Thinking strategically with a keen eye for detail;
- A senior leader, with high role impact across the entire business;
- Well accustomed to communicate with senior stakeholders;
- Able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with strict deadlines;
- Having high ethical standards conforming to the Group's values;
- Driven and ambitious, full of energy;
- Advanced in business English and native Dutch - written and spoken.