Our client, a leading Insurance focused organisation based in the City of London, is actively looking for a Portfolio Manager with a strong data background to join them on a permanent basis. The selected individual will be responsible for the management of a data analytics focused programme and will work closely with actuaries and data scientists, amongst other change professionals and business SMEs.
- Manage the portfolio's performance from data analytic perspective
- Ensuring all the information that is provided to the organisation is clear and consistent
- Addressing all performance and planning issues using an appropriate, risk-based approach
- Working with all stakeholders to ensure that all tools and reporting are meeting required standards.
- Developing new initiatives to improve portfolio performance
- Providing mentorship to all direct reports
- Develop business cases for projects
- Take part in regular SteerCo meetings and provide progress reports to the board
- Develop and actively manage portfolio plans & budgets
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met
- A proven track record in the end to end portfolio management, preferably with data or analytics focused business areas
- Experience in working with a complex matrix of business SMEs, Data Scientists, Actuarial resource and change professionals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage initiatives from design through to delivery
- The ability to set up a programme PMO function if required
- Strong understanding of risk management and governance framework
- Experience working within Insurance is essential, reinsurance is desirable.
If this opportunity is of interest, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.