Oliver James Associates have been mandated by a leading UK asset management firm based in London to search for an experienced Portfolio Compliance Coder on a permanent basis. The client offers a very desirable working culture and the chance to join a market-leading asset manager.
- Ensuring that investment guidelines are effectively monitored using Aladdin
- Assisting with the coding and review of investment restrictions in Aladdin.
- Updating data within Aladdin used to monitor guidelines
- Provide advice on the validity of pre-trade violations. In conjunction with the Compliance Teams globally, advise Fund Managers on the permissibility of investments generally.
- Undertaking the daily overnight violation compliance monitoring process
- Resolving client third party administrator and custodian queries regarding potential breaches.
- Providing periodic client portfolio compliance statements in a timely fashion to client service teams
- The working knowledge of investment restrictions monitoring capability in Aladdin (preferably) or other investment restrictions checking software.
- A working knowledge of the regulations relating to investment restrictions e.g. UCITS, INSPRU, Investment Companies Act 1940.
- A good understanding of investment management generally.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Good negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast paced environment.
- A pro-active attitude and able to work in collaboration with others as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and passion for quality and customer service.
- A good working knowledge of Excel.
This is a permanent position based in London paying up to £90,000 plus a competitive benefits package. Please apply to hear more about the role.