The purpose of the role is to establish and run the centralised PMO function encompassing Project, Programme and Portfolio Management, Demand Management, Vendor expense reporting and Portfolio Reporting. The role will involve managing and developing the maturity and capability of the PMO team. The role will provide advice and guidance, monitoring and assurance, advocacy and education with respect to programmes and projects. Additionally this will include a reporting framework focussed on value added advice and early identification of risk and issues for all major programmes and projects across the organisation.
Reporting to the Group Head of Change the PMO Manager will be accountable for reporting of Portfolio and Project finances and for Vendor expense tracking. Responsibilities will include oversight of the portfolio governance process including production of materials for the monthly Strategic Change Board and responsibility for ensuring that all projects follow the defined methodology.
- Line management of PMO analysts and assistants.
- Accountable for the production of all portfolio financial reporting ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financial reports.
- Production of the monthly portfolio governance report including co-ordination of business cases, financial reporting and status reporting.
- Working with Programme and Project Managers, lead the development and adoption of project management controls and tools (to include management of risks, issues, dependencies, change control, stakeholders, communications) to support and enable project delivery.
- Lead the maintenance and enhancement of portfolio governance processes and tools (to include project lifecycle definition, stage gates, project documentation and status reporting).
- Establish a resource demand management process to monitor and manage the assignment of resources to projects and to enable the active management of resource conflicts.
- Support the COO in the production and publication of reports that cover the broader operations change activity.
- Drive the establishment and management of portfolio dependencies to enable the optimisation of delivery across the portfolio.
- Drive the annual and on-going investment appraisal process to enable the business to make informed investment decisions
- To conduct health checks on projects to identify remediation actions to support project delivery in a timely and pragmatic way
- In collaboration with the Group Head of change and the IT Product Managers lead the establishment and management of a professional development approach and programme to support the professional development of the delivery teams.
Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- A good understanding of general Project Management processes and tools.
- Previous experience in managing a central PMO function preferable.
- Previous experience of working on technical platforms or with project/portfolio management tools
- Previous Project Management experience demonstrating an understanding of the challenges faced by Project Managers.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Strong numeracy skills
- Well-developed communications and inter-personal skills that build trust, confidence and collaborative relationships
- Good influencing, persuasion and conflict resolution skills
- Effective time management skills so that deadlines are managed efficiently
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workloads and to manage expectations
- Ability to own and solve problems to minimise escalations
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and practices and methodologies
- Comfortable engaging and communicating at Executive level
PMO Analyst - Digital - 30-35 K HKD per month
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 10 days ago
A unique role has just become available with one of the Biggest Insurance firms in the world. We are looking for an experienced PMO Analyst professional with previous Digital Transformation projects. You will own responsibility for delivery and coordination across the Local office, acro... Read More
Client Facing Project Manager
- Bristol, England
- £35000 - £41000 per annum
- 25 days ago
I am currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join a consultancy based in Bristol. Key Experience Experience of working within Financial Services Experience working within client-facing roles Experience managing projects both with or without a PMO in place Read More
- London, England
- £85000 - £100000 per annum + Additional Benefits
- 20 days ago
I am looking for an experienced Data Manager to implement a robust governance framework and manage data related reporting and MI processes. The role will develop an efficient and manageable processes with standards and controls relating to data across the organisation. Once developed, t... Read More
Business Process Manager
- City of London, London
- £70000 - £95000 per annum + Additional Benefits
- 17 days ago
In this global role the main responsibility is managing the end-to-end core value chain process of one or multiple allocated lines of businesses across all locations in scope. You will drive operational excellence through continuous improvement by working and partnering with the busines... Read More