The Data and Analytics Team is a sub-group of the business' Operations Team. This team is responsible for business-wide governance and utilization of information as an asset, via data acquisition, data processing, analysis, data mining, and other means to create value for the business. This data includes large structured and unstructured data sets (e.g., speech analytics, social media listening, digital footprints, customer behavior, financial information, proprietary market research, and secondary sources) with the goal of discovering meaningful implications for business decisions.
Specific Job Duties (will evolve over time and change based on altering business priorities).
- Manage and direct data analyst(s) providing project management and end-to-end data and analytics solutions for the Individual Retirement business.
- Will be responsible for direct management of complex programs / projects. Manage the overall delivery of solutions for the business and ensure project proposals have a positive business case (ROI). Ensure projects are on time, on budget, and on scope.
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, analytical plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals
- Explore the unknown, and brainstorm new ideas to drive increased sales opportunities and promote productivity and efficiencies.
- Drive vision for predictable and scalable analytics solutions that drive elevated business outcomes
- Participate in analysis of the information and formulation of business proposals and justifications to improve margins, profits and volumes, which align with the company directional statement and business model
- Develop policies, and procedures for the collection and analysis of data
- Cooperate with IT and the enterprise-wide data and analytics office to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible for us to leverage big data use cases
- Act as a translator between business and technical teams, by consulting on the data available or feasibility of acquiring data, keeping cost versus benefit in mind
- Develop proof of concept solutions to test and ascertain requirements for business intelligence needs.
- Develop business relationships with cross-functional teams and assist with business intelligence project scoping and requirements gathering, understanding complex business questions and needs. Make valuable contributions by providing adhoc statistical analysis
- Develop executive dashboards and implement new data and analytics processes & strategy, end-user self-services reporting
- Use data visualization, reports and data-driven presentations to present digestible conclusions and recommendations to top decision makers, so that business strategies can be designed around them
- Frame and investigate theories and assumptions with high-impact potential and utilize descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics techniques to test your theories
- Bring analytical expertise into cross-functional projects and work collaboratively with team leaders and subject matter experts across multiple departments, to enable data-driven decision making
Work Experience / Skill Requirements
- A bachelor's (or advanced) degree
- 5-8 years of work experience in agile project/program management, people management and data and analytic solutions development.
- Has managed other members of the business team, analytics team, or other project managers with a track record for successfully delivering solutions with clear ROI.
- Has demonstrated a deep sense of curiosity, self-directedness and strong problem-solving skills at previous jobs.
- Has a broad understanding of project planning and project management execution methodologies. Has experience managing large, complex programs and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate research findings to both technical and non-technical decision makers
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau)
- Financial services experience preferred but not required