Part Time Legal counsel role in Dublin
Duties and Responsibilities
Ongoing legal review of fund documentation, including prospectus, supplements, KIIDs and agreements for new fund approval or amendments to existing funds.
- Liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland, as well as the appointed legal counsel to the UCITS Funds and AIFs, on legal matters including new fund approval, amendments to funds, and to meet the requirements for regulatory changes.
- Drafting and negotiating fund contracts, including management, investment management, distribution, administration and depository agreements
- Providing legal advice and guidance in relation to compliance and corporate governance matters
- Managing the process of registration of UCITS for marketing in other jurisdictions with the appointed registration agent
- Overseeing the duties and obligations as described in the Programme of Operations including dealing with the appointed designated persons with responsibility for the designated functions/ OE director.
- Maintaining and enhancing the framework and reporting structure for regular compliance reporting to senior management and the Boards of Directors.
- Liaising with Head of Operations to ensure all regulatory correspondence is approved and ONR reporting is completed accordingly.
- Reviewing KIID Documentation including annual and ad hoc updates.
- Working with the appointed Company Secretary, including board meeting/pack preparation, liaising with report providers and board members
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory changes and providing advice to Senior Management on corporate governance matters on a regular basis.
Other duties that may be assigned to ensure the company meets its objectives and obligations
Irish qualified lawyer with relevant experience working within an Asset Management/Investment Funds team at a law firm, or in-house at an Investment Manager, Fund Administrator or Securities Services business. Knowledge of international regulation and experience with an international client base a plus.
- Self-starter and fast learner who is willing to take on responsibility for a wide array of tasks
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Team Player
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Client orientated and able to see the bigger picture
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a growing business
Why this Role?
This is a rare and entrepreneurial opportunity to avail of flexible/part-time working conditions and assist in the running of the legal and compliance function of an ambitious and growing independent financial services group.
Part Time Legal counsel role in Dublin
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- 2 days ago
Duties and Responsibilities Ongoing legal review of fund documentation, including prospectus, supplements, KIIDs and agreements for new fund approval or amendments to existing funds. Liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland, as well as the appointed legal counsel to the UCITS Funds and... Read More
Legal Counsel (In-House) - Insurance
- London, England
- 21 days ago
An international Reinsurance firm are looking for an in-house Legal Counsel. My client are an international organisation with significant interests in the global Reinsurance market. They have a presence in the London insurance market, a key area of growth for the organisation, into whic... Read More
Interim Legel Counsel
- Shropshire, England
- 13 days ago
Oliver James are supporting a leading Financial Services client based in the Midlands who are seeking an Interim Legal Counsel. Responsibilities in this role are detailed below (but not limited to): -Involved with the sourcing team regarding new contract relationships -Strong Commercial... Read More
Legal & Compliance Officer
- Singapore, Singapore
- 3 days ago
Tier 1, Global Insurance Business; Newly Created Headcount Due To Expansion; Employer Of Choice This tier one, global insurance business has a newly created headcount for a Legal & Compliance Officer, due to expansion of the business across the APAC Region. This is an excellent opportun... Read More