**Oracle Database Developer - Contract - London**
Our client is looking for a highly skilled Oracle/Database developer to an exciting and dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering global data warehousing solutions and will ideally have experience working in the insurance sector.
- Developing complex extract, load and transformation routines utilising both SQL and PL\SQL to transform data from multiple sources to a single combined dimensional model.
- Identifying and resolving performance issues by reviewing existing SQL/PLSQL.
- Work closely with the data modelling team and Product Owners to understand and deliver data marts which meet the needs of the business for reporting and analytics
- Deliver quality code conforming to established coding standards and patterns
- Ensure adherence to architectural standards and best practices
- Pro-actively collaborate with data modellers, architects, data analysts and the QA team
- Complete peer lead code reviews, providing feedback and improvement suggestions
- Work within a dynamic, high performing Scaled Agile team.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience developing dimensional data marts through the development of complex data transformation routines in SQL and PLSQL
- Advanced standard and procedural SQL skills, including extract, transform and load processes and patterns
- Strong Agile (Scrum) experience
- Good knowledge of Kimball dimensional data modelling and data warehousing concepts
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced, unstructured environment on projects with high levels of uncertainty / ambiguity around requirements and minimal governance and control
- Experience working with very large datasets and data modelling techniques and tools
- Experience in performance tuning complex queries, and database optimisation with a good understanding of the Oracle optimiser
- Able to contribute to design/architecture activities and prepare code stubs for others
- Writing tidy, clear, and well commented code
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and produce results quickly
- Experience working with an analytics function developing complex predictive models will also be beneficial.
- Good programming skills (Unix shell script, python, PERL etc.)
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
- Atlanta, Georgia
- 23 days ago
The role The agile US IT Delivery squad is a team of focused infrastructure specialists who collaborate to solve critical problems quickly and effectively. We are searching for an experienced DBA with a self-starter attitude, strong advanced database admin skills, significant Oracle and... Read More
- Warren, New Jersey
- US$70 - US$100 per hour
- 23 days ago
Microsoft Azure Developer - New Jersey - 6 Month Contract to Hire Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenti... Read More
- Hong Kong
- 24 days ago
Our client is a leading international insurance corporation. Working in their company is a great opportunity to gain exposure of big projects and resources of good training. They are now looking for a talented Frontend Developer with the following duties and background: Responsibilities... Read More
- Jersey City, New Jersey
- US$100 - US$125 per hour
- 29 days ago
Salesforce Developer - Jersey City - 6 Month Contract to Hire Main Responsibilities: My client's Digital platform team is seeking a Salesforce developer to support our Salesforce platform and associated services/applications. The Salesforce Developer will perform analysis, design, devel... Read More