As the Oracle DBA, you will be responsible for the administration of all of the company's on premise and cloud based Oracle database software.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the Oracle database environments including design and provisioning, operational support and maintenance.
- Assist project teams from a technical perspective throughout the project lifecycle, including requirements, technical analysis & design and support for operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the Oracle database systems.
- Maintain Oracle database infrastructure in order to meet SLA and performance metrics.
- Ensure systems are at current optimum recommended software levels, planning and implementing patches/upgrades where required.
- Providing support and skills coaching for other team members as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date on current technology and make recommendations to management.
- Produce management reporting information as requested.
- Work within a team to provide support and cover for the department within the agreed departmental service hours.
- Adopt industry best practises.
- Ability to work outside hours
- Any other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of :
- Oracle database administration - versions 8i to 11gR2 on Linux/UNIX
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- RMAN backup and restore with integration to HP Data Protector (or equivalent)
- Proven technical skills demonstrated through industry standard qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to prioritise work to service our Departmental and Business objectives.
- Demonstrate an ability to think both strategically and tactically depending on circumstance.
- Produce documentation to best practise and Company standards.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation.
- Good communications skills.
- Oracle RAC and Data Guard.
- Oracle ASM.
- Oracle PL/SQL.
- Oracle Application Server exposure.
- Oracle SOA
- Scripting (Korn shell, BASH etc.)
- IBM AIX LPar or other virtualisation technologies.
- Microsoft TFS \ VSTS.
- Other database technologies (SQL Server, DB2, NoSQL etc.).
- ITIL Foundation or higher qualification.
- Project management skills.
- Current driving license.