Operations / Assistant Accountant - Insurance - Manhattan
Oliver James Associates are currently recruiting an exceptional opportunity with an International Reinsurance company. Due to continued growth the business are looking to hire additional talent.
Whilst being grounded in a financial reporting function, the role provides significant exposure to management accounting and involvement with project-based tasks. In addition, a vibrant culture complemented by well established networks resulting in clear development pathways provides an unparalleled opportunity into the commercial sector.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:-
- Assist in daily operations of the Insurance Accounting Department
- Process and reconcile monthly information received from business partners.
- Responsible for processing and rendering quarterly intercompany accounts.
- Responsible for variance analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare miscellaneous monthly and quarterly journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual internal management reports and analysis.
- Responsible for responding to requests from state regulatory authorities.
- Assist in preparing information for external and internal auditors interim and annual audit reviews.=
The key requirements for the role:-
- 1-5 years experience working within accounting
- Bachelors degree in either Science, Accounting of Finance
- Exposure to primary insurance preferred
- Strong Microsoft and Word skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please note that all applications will be held up with the highest level of confidentiality.
IT Finance Accountant - Insurance
- Overland Park, Kansas
- 14 days ago
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join one of globe's largest and most respected insurance brands. This role will be based within the group function, reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller and will in turn be responsible for internal and ext... Read More
Senior Systems Accountant - Insurance
- Purchase, New York
- 16 days ago
My client is a global provider of insurance and reinsurance with operations across the United States, Europe, Bermuda and Asia. We have been engaged by the business to search for a Senior Systems Accountant to join their expanding finance team in Purchase, NY. In this position you will ... Read More
Mid Level Accountant - P&C Insurance
- Manhattan, New York
- 27 days ago
We have an excellent opportunity for an Accountant or first-time mover from Chartered to join one a leading international reinsurance organization headquartered in New York with operations worldwide. The business works with some very high profile listed and global clients operating with... Read More
Syndicate Accountant - London - Insurance - Upto £70,000
- City of London, London
- £50000 - £70000 per annum
- 23 days ago
Description My client, a leading Lloyd's Insurer is looking to recruit a Syndicate Accountant into their Finance Function. The successful candidate must have a Lloyd's reporting background and is a great opportunity for anybody looking to further their career. Responsibilities: Producti... Read More