Oliver James Associates are currently recruiting an exceptional opportunity with an International Reinsurance company. Due to continued growth the business are looking to hire additional talent.
Whilst being grounded in a financial reporting function, the role provides significant exposure to management accounting and involvement with project-based tasks. In addition, a vibrant culture complemented by well established networks resulting in clear development pathways provides an unparalleled opportunity into the commercial sector.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:-
- Assist in daily operations of the Insurance Accounting Department
- Process and reconcile monthly information received from business partners.
- Responsible for processing and rendering quarterly intercompany accounts.
- Responsible for variance analysis and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare miscellaneous monthly and quarterly journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual internal management reports and analysis.
- Responsible for responding to requests from state regulatory authorities.
- Assist in preparing information for external and internal auditors interim and annual audit reviews.=
The key requirements for the role:-
- 1-5 years experience working within accounting
- Bachelors degree in either Science, Accounting of Finance
- Exposure to primary insurance preferred
- Strong Microsoft and Word skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Please note that all applications will be held up with the highest level of confidentiality.