Job Title Office Manager - Brussels
Reporting to Director
Oliver James Associates is an award winning Recruitment Agency who has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates has grown organically and consistently over the past 14 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 260 employees operating out of 11 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Milan, Frankfurt, Zurich, New York, Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore. 2016 was an exciting year, with 81 promotions and 102 new hires and our turnover increased to £74 million
Reporting to the Director of Dublin, this is a brand-new office and you will be responsible for the management and support of daily office activities to ensure day to day operations run smoothly. You will also provide administrative and PA duties.
- Manage correspondence, reception duties and meet and greet visitors and suppliers.
- Co-ordinate and monitor office operations to ensure company requirements are sufficiently met on a daily basis.
- Provide a Personal Assistant role to the Director
- Run business or personal errands and perform general administrative or housekeeping tasks.
- Organize calendar and appointments, checking with other parties to ensure availability.
- Draft correspondence, arrange travel, and provide estimates for activities and events.
- Perform HR tasks such as liaising with external payroll and HR Managers, checking payroll, benefit administration, procedures and maintain related confidential records and files.
- Liaise with external Recruitment & Staffing agencies and with the Internal Recruitment team
- Arrange interview bookings and associated administration
- Perform new starters company orientation
- Coordinate and oversee completion of special projects as needed.
- Schedule appointments and office meetings as needed.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements via telephone and correspondence (prepare related agendas for the company as required).
- Assist with organising events for clients and internal events.
- Operate standard office equipment efficiently to include:
- Multi-line telephone system
- Video conferencing
- Facsimile machine
- Photocopy machine
- Postage meter
- Ensure the efficient operation of all office equipment by performing minor service duties, and arrange for routine and necessary maintenance as needed.
- Maintains the office supply inventory and orders additional supplies as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Key Technical Disciplines: Windows 8, Microsoft Office to include: Word, Outlook, Excel
Experience: Previous office management experience is desirable for this role (ideally 1 year/18 months experience). We will also consider PA's and Administrators with 12 months + experience. You must be trilingual and be able to speak: Dutch, French and English
Qualifications: A Level or above
Personality metrics: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Professional and proactive team player (friendly, credible, articulate) who can work with an ambitious sales force. Exceptional organisation skills, strong time management ability and detail conscious.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm, 1 hour lunch break
- Excellent Social Calendar - including High achiever incentives; Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Health & Well being Initiatives - Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- 20 day's annual leave - including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Healthcare & Pension