Network Engineer (Cisco, Avaya, Mitel) - Birmingham Airport
Growing International business with offices at Birmingham Airport are growing their Networking team of 16 Engineers. The business has a string track record of progressing Network Engineers internally into Architecture roles or through to the Management route. Clear career paths in place as well as on-going development technology wise.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to provide customer focused Cisco certified networks support, administering data networks at all layers, plus some basic management and administration of Avaya and Mitel Telecommunication's systems.
The role involves managing all aspects of the data network from physical port and connectivity, VLAN administration, layer-3 routing, performance maintenance and firewall administration. The telecommunications support involves the management and configuration of the hand-sets, connectivity, patching and initial diagnosis.
What we are looking for
- Minimum CCNA Certification
- Extensive Cisco network installation, configuration and maintenance experience
- Provide technical network installations and testing according to design documentation and project planning
- Diagnose faults with customer networks and rectifying within the agreed SLAs
- Monitor and maintain the internal IT networks, systems and perimeters
- Accesist / firewall administration
Desirable Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Any of the following would be advantageous but are not essential -
- Cisco Professional (CCNP) Certification
- Avaya or Mitel Telecommunication experience or certification
- Monitoring and maintenance of internal Avaya or Mitel Telecommunication Systems
- Experience configuring and managing network elements
- ITIL Foundation Level (v2 or 3)
- VOIP networking
- Experience operating in a change control and configuration management environment
It is a permanent role with a salary of up to £41k depending on skill and experience, with excellent benefits. If you are interested please send your CV across as soon as possible.