We have an excellent opportunity for an Accountant or first-time mover from Chartered to join one a leading international reinsurance organization headquartered in New York with operations worldwide.
The business works with some very high profile listed and global clients operating within the property and casualty insurance space and turns over close to $10-20bn per annum.
The role itself will be sit within the central accounting and finance team, support divisional business units for accounting, reinsurance accounting and finance requirements and to provide support to the group reporting function.
Specific duties to include:
- Assist with the preparation of annual and quarterly statutory financial reporting obligations
- Assist with the preparation of audit assistance schedules and liaising with external auditors
- Assist with the monthly consolidated balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with divisional business units to resolve central finance team queries and to raise journals
- Responsible for processing and rendering quarterly intercompany ceded reinsurance accounts
- Collect and apply primary and ceded reinsurance cash in sub ledger
- Review and approve divisional journal entries
- Prepare and post journals in ERP Systems
- Perform integrity checks between general ledgers and subsidiary ledgers
- Provide support to finance team in finance projects
- Assist in the ad hoc reporting requirements of the business
Key requirements in the role:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- 1-6 years of accounting experience
- Exposure to statutory accounting, compliance, and primary insurance preferred
- Uncompromising technical skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.