**Data Analyst - MI Analyst - London - Permanent - Insurance**
The primary responsibility is to monitor the financial and underwriting performance of the Commercial products, utilising the MI available to ensure the alignment with the Product's underwriting strategy, appetite and performance targets.
You will work closely with the Pricing and Technology teams as well as other senior stakeholders across the business, so it is important that you are comfortable in leading and owning processes and are able to develop strong business relationships.
Working in a fast paced, agile environment, this role offers you the ability to influence change and exposure to both the Executive and Senior Management team as a key point of contact.
- Providing analytical input to the development of our underwriting risk appetite, based on your market knowledge and expertise.
- Ownership of regular monitoring of MI, highlighting any areas of concern in terms of market pricing, risk acceptance and underlying performance. This will also include analysis and development of supplementary reports, which will aid management of product performance.
- Utilising a range of internal and external data sources to drive underwriting and trading decisions, by making use of a number of software tools to drive results.
- Analysis of KPIs which will feed into the business planning and forecasting process and monitoring performance of KPIs against the business plan.
- Assisting with the production of internal performance presentations, which are reported on monthly. This will include ad-hoc data analysis, production of charts and providing supporting commentary around performance.
- Supporting wider business projects, which aim to deliver benefits for the Commercial Products, ensuring continual progress against expected timescales.
- Continually strive to identify potential opportunities for profitable growth of the Commercial product, whilst considering the longer-term strategic goals for the proposition.
Skills & Experience
This role carries a responsibility for product financial performance as well as being recognised as a subject matter expert in your product. You will therefore be required to demonstrate analytical expertise, whilst using commercial judgement, in the fulfilment of your role.
- An understanding of the product's underwriting strategy and risk appetite, with an ability to analyse key performance to help us achieve our target performance goals.
- Experience in using and manipulating data, by using software packages such as Excel, SAS and SQL.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence software such as Power BI with an ability to use, enhance and build MI reports.
- Possess extensive commercial awareness, being able to identify and take advantage of opportunities, within an agile trading-style environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain value adding relationships.
- Having a strong awareness and understanding of our control environment which allows us to operate within our stated underwriting authorities, risk appetites and operational processes.
- Having knowledge of the legal, regulatory and compliance provisions that apply to the UK motor insurance market.
- Logical thinker able to devise and assess multiple approaches to solving problems.
- Highly articulate and numerate, paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organised with efficient planning and delivery capabilities.