Manager / Senior Manager - Consulting
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a recently qualified actuary who is looking to expand their reinsurance knowledge form a consulting and advisory perspective. You will be working with the majority of the local market and support the growth of a number of established and brand new reinsurance firms.
What will your typical day look like?
You'll assist your clients with a variety of services, including audit support, reserving and financial reporting, providing actuarial opinions, M&A due diligence, alongside other consulting projects. You are a key contributor to the practice strategy and vision. You are enthusiastic to initiate and lead marketing efforts, and actively contribute to a wide range of client projects of a technical actuarial nature.
About the team
We provide a robust consulting service with both traditional and non-traditional service offerings to assist insurers, reinsurers, captives, pension schemes, banks and non-financial related entities. Our actuaries regularly partner with professionals in accounting and other specialist service lines. This enables us to provide a breadth of expertise and tackle problems not possible in most other actuarial consulting firms. We have a proven track record in developing robust and practical solutions to a variety of actuarial and risk challenges.
You are someone with:
- Qualified or nearly qualified Fellow of the Society of Actuaries, Institute of Actuaries, or equivalent.
- 5 -7 years relevant actuarial experience, preferably in consulting of life insurance.
- Experience with Life reserving techniques.
- Driven and capable of identifying and originating business opportunities for actuarial consultancy.
- Experience working as actuarial specialist on audit engagements.
- Experience with IFRS17 and/or US GAAP LDTI implementation projects.
- Experience with a Big 4 consultancy firm.
- Familiar with Bermuda solvency framework and regulations.
- Experience with reinsurance and M&A.
Senior Manager - Life Actuarial
- Dublin City Centre, Dublin
- €90000 - €120000 per annum
- about 3 hours ago
Oliver James Associates Dublin is representing a global insurance consultancy practice in their focus to appoint, an extremely commercially astute, Senior Actuarial Manager for their fast-growing, cross-sector team. Oliver James Associates Dublin is representing a global insurance consu... Read More
- London, England
- £60000 - £120000 per annum + benefits
- 8 days ago
Large UK Personal Lines Insurer currently looking to make multiple hires at Manager/Senior Manager level within their expanding Pricing team. Large UK Personal Lines Insurer currently looking to make multiple hires at Manager/Senior Manager level within their expanding Pricing team. Man... Read More
- City of London, London
- Up to £85000 per annum + package
- 22 days ago
Excellent opportunity in a Global Insurer to join as a Reserving Manager, covering all P&C risks, reporting to the Head of Capital and Reserving. Candidates should be: nearly qualified or qualified actuary strong general insurance background great communication skills - ability to manag... Read More
Actuarial Manager - Pricing & Insights Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- £40000 - £75000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- 1 day ago
Major British financial institution seeking a qualified Actuary with an excellent commercial understanding of Corporate Pensions to join their team in Edinburgh- This is a Nationwide role and can consider full time working from home for those interested | Up to £75k + considerable bonus... Read More