Global Insurance Brand; Stability; Work-life balance; Massive Exposure
The Legal Counsel role's primary focus is be the go-to for anything relating to legal within the business and its operations. It is an individual contributor role that will not only allow the incumbent to be exposed to legal work but also regulatory compliance work.
The legal advice and support provided would include general corporate, and governance issues, insurance business's projects and transactions, product development, insurance contracts and claims.
- Manage legal issues related to general corporate and governance matters
- Advise business and corporate functions on laws and regulations
- Prepare, draft or vet contacts relating to any transaction/project/initiative in a timely manner and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Provide support to business for litigation and dispute resolution by giving legal advice, reviewing and drafting responses to achieve a positive outcome for the Company.
- Advise on insurance contracts and claims
- At least 3 years PQE, preferably Singapore qualified lawyer
- Excellent written and spoken English and conversant in Mandarin (as this will require the incumbent to liaise with senior Mandarin-speaking stakeholders)
- Highly meticulous
- Prior experience in insurance companies will be an added advantage
- Candidates should ideally be based in Singapore.
- Junior lawyers who have significant client exposure experience are encouraged to apply.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Legal Counsel - Multinational Insurance Brand
- Hong Kong
- 23 days ago
This client, one of the largest publicly traded property and casualty insurance company has operations in 54 countries under their remit providing a range of commercial, personal and casualty insurance among other entities through 30,000 people worldwide and adding to their 13 countries... Read More
Legal - 6 months contract
- Hong Kong
- 15 days ago
My client is a leading insurance company looking for a legal manager to join the team. This will start as a 6 months contract with potential to extend or convert to perm. Requirements: - Education in Law - Experienced paralegal or junior qualified lawyers - Ideally experience in a comme... Read More
Director - Legal Hire at Regional Insurer
- Hong Kong
- 16 days ago
My client a Hong Kong based insurer, is opening a new division covering digital brokerage, devised products and general insurance. This is an exciting time to get involved in this growing business which is rapidly expanding across Asia and Europe! They are looking for a skilled lawyer w... Read More