Job Title: Learning & Development Consultant
Reporting to: Head of Learning & Development
Oliver James Associates is an award winning Recruitment Agency who has won multiple awards including a place on the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For and Global Recruiter 2016.
Established in 2002, Oliver James Associates is a global specialist recruitment partner to the Financial Services, Professional Services, Commerce & Industry sectors. We have grown organically and consistently over the past 14 years to become a renowned search & selection organisation, with a current headcount of over 290 employees operating out of 10 offices in London, Manchester, Dublin, Amsterdam, Milan, Frankfurt, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. 2016 was an exciting year, with 81 promotions and 102 new hires and our turnover increased to £74 Million.
This position is for a Learning and Development Consultant working in our Amsterdam office, responsible for analysis, creation, and delivery of all learning and development initiatives. This role acts as an integral facilitator of business growth; ensuring constant development of new and existing employees from entry level through to management.
- Responsibility for the learning and development experience of Amsterdam and Brussels based Oliver James associates employees
- Responsibility for analysis, preparation and delivery of classroom based group training
- Delivery of core education programmes from new starter fundamentals to advanced sales management and leadership best practice
- 121 mentoring and coaching delivered to employees in order to ensure continued advancement and maximum profitability
- Advising senior stakeholders on opportunities to maximise revenue and increase profitability across sales operations
- Design and delivery of complex roleplay scenarios to ensure Oliver James Associates best practice is adhered to in all client facing activities
- Identification, research and implementation of new complex sales models within the business to ensure sustained growth
- Accurate logging of employee development, providing advice on talent pipelining and promotion decisions
- Constant interaction with the rest of the senior team, providing critical advice on office environment, sales performance, and new opportunities for growth
- Monitoring of employee engagement levels and development pathways to ensure maximum retention of staff
- Senior advisor to the business on growth potential and internal capabilities
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be fluent in Dutch and English (other languages such as French/German would be advantageous)
- Expert level knowledge of recruitment, recruitment practices, and associated skills.
- Engaging, positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Team leadership and mentoring experience gained within a recruitment environment
- Excellent communication skills, an impressive presence, able to demonstrate the ability to quickly build rapport and long term business relationships
- Experience of engaging and communicating with senior stakeholders
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, displaying a high level of diplomacy and professionalism
- A goal orientated mentality
- The ability to be a team player and yet capable of operating autonomously
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills
- A confident approach
- An innate desire to be successful and a willingness to make the commitment that this role requires
- Demonstrate resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges that a role with this responsibly brings
- A track record of high achievement in previous roles
- Efficient organizational, planning and time management skills
- Computer literate
What we offer
At Oliver James Associates, our people are our strength. They provide our competitive edge - and are key to securing and maintaining all our partnerships. We provide an inclusive work environment, where our current leaders and leaders of tomorrow understand that a team is made of individuals with unique strengths, committed to achieving one collective vision. This journey is supported by our investment in a range of innovative tools, and the creation of an agile working environment. Both ensure a fun, forward-thinking space where we can all deliver with excellence.
We ensure our values are demonstrated in all our activities, and we reward our employees with progression where these values are evident and applied. We are also passionate about supporting our clients and candidates, challenging ourselves to continuously improve for the good of every connection we make.