Technical Architect Lead - Insurance - Permanent - London
The Technical Architect is responsible for the overall system platforms within the scope of the Application Delivery organisation they reside within. You will be responsible for the integration of these systems/platforms with other assets in the enterprise, and assuring the environments in which they run are performing. The role is also ultimately accountable for the technical quality of all components delivered via the Delivery organisation they reside within including documentation, design, code, and infrastructure.
- Act as the delivery lead or a work stream lead for key initiatives within the application domain, in particular the integration components.
- Establish high level design and provide guidance to the delivery teams to follow for the project/ initiative/ application. Assess and lead the review of the technical deliverables during the design phase of a project.
- Assure technical processes for promoting software through the SDLC environments are optimised and followed.
- Actively participate as part of the extended Enterprise Architecture team both by contributing to the evolution of enterprise architecture and promoting the principles and standards established by Enterprise Architecture.
- Participate in the introduction and change control process (e.g., transition from project development team to the application maintenance team) of a new application or capability.
- Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
- Promote change management principles with executives, senior leaders, managers and supervisors to influence, build relationships, and manage resistance
- Assure system documentation is maintained, comprehensive, and complete.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- 10+ year's experience in Insurance/Reinsurance industry preferred
- Leadership experience defining, designing, developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions
- Strong leadership capability with a focus on conflict resolution and managing difficult stakeholders.
- Relevant experience in the technology and business domain they support, specifically Insurance
- Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment.
- Experience developing technical documentation including story boarding, business requirements, use cases and presentations